Benefits of using WeedX
NO lingering smell as the vinegar smell dissipates quickly into the air
SAFE for our people so PEACE OF MIND
NON TOXIC and controls weeds the natural way
MADE locally in Nelson, New Zealand
EFFECTIVE AND FAST ACTING
FULLY bio-degradable in soil, water and atmosphere
GREAT to use in preparation of your vegetable garden
Finally we have done it! After a long 4 yr battle Goulter’s Vinegar Products Ltd has gained approval from the EPA to sell our Natural Herbicide WeedX to the public.
Our WeedX Vinegar based product is the first of its kind to be approved in New Zealand.
EPA APPROVAL NUMBER – WeedX Bio-herbicide concentrate – HSR101099
EPA APPROVAL NUMBER – WeedX Bio-herbicide Ready to Spray – HSR101101
We truly fought to get our product into the market place because we are passionate about our environment and the health of our children and animals.
In developing our natural WeedX herbicide we have had to weigh up the pros and cons of using our product against others.
Whilst our product is non-systemic (does not kill the root) and non-selective (will knock down any plants its sprayed on) we believe our number one priority is to PROTECT OUR CHILDREN, ANIMALS AND THE ENVIRONMENT. If this means having to spray more often it certainly beats having to use other toxins!
WeedX is totally natural, making use of Mother Nature’s Natural Acids – Acetic acid (Vinegar) and Citric acid (Lemon). It is safe, effective and fast acting.
Goulter’s Vinegar Products is currently working on a way to make our WeedX systemic which is the ultimate in weed control.
Did you know these facts?
Europe and North America’s biggest Leading Bio-herbicide is a Vinegar/Citric based product.
It is so IMPORTANT for us to educate ourselves about what substances we are using in and around our homes. Countries like Canada have been using a similar product for years.
Over the past 4 years we have done many trials on our WeedX herbicide with great success. It is perfect for gardens in particular for controlling weeds on pathway and border areas, orchards, nurseries and public areas plus it works well on small gorse when it is soft. We believe the people of New Zealand deserve to have a choice when it comes to maintaining their properties naturally.
The reason All Natural WeedX Bio-herbicide works so well is because the Acetic and Citric acids synergise together to create a powerful and natural FAST ACTING KNOCK DOWN ACTION on weeds.
- Is safe for use around around children and animals
- Fully biodegradable in soil and aquatic areas
- Results within hours not days
- After 24hrs the soil pH level re-balance’s itself back to normal
- Kills weeds by contact
- Kills both annual and perennial weeds
- Does not harm mature tree bark
- Is non selective and non systemic
- Great for spraying the weeds on ground being prepared for a vegetable garden/orchard – give at least 24hrs rest after spraying before planting your veges
- Will kill small weeds and mosses that haven’t much energy in the root reserves. The idea is to get the weeds before they are too big.
In the photo’s shown here you can see the results of our Natural Bio-herbicide which has been used on gorse, orchards, vegetable gardens and garden borders.
WeedX works well on broad leaf weeds such as dandelion, small gorse, small broom, scarlet pimpernel, mosses, clover and grass (particularly border edges) Repeat spraying is required during the Spring strong sap rise.
It is important to remember when using our WeedX product to wear gloves and protect the eyes because just like with any other acid it can burn the skin.
WeedX is best suited for:
- Small general weeds, excellent on broadleaf eg:dandelion and plantain
- Mosses, lichens, liverwort, fungus
- Garden edges/borders
- Great on drive ways, paved areas
- Public sensitive areas such as parks, playgrounds and street sides.
- Families with children and pets
- Lifestyle blocks in the concentrated form it works well on small gorse and broom.
Suggestions for seasonal spraying:
- WeedX is light and temperature driven so for best results in the Winter spray during the peak of the sun.
- Spring time when the sap is flowing strongly then expect to respray larger weeds with strong root reserves.
As WeedX is non-systemic (this means it does not kill the root of the plant) it is more suited to your smaller weeds which have low energy reserves in the root and hence will kill those plants.
Spraying time of the month and day is also important to consider. During Spring time when the sap is surging in all plants repeated spraying will be necessary depending on the species of plant.
The words “KNOCKDOWN” happens as the Acetic acid (Vinegar) crushes the cells of the foliage which is why you will notice how quickly the plant will go down.
For best results spray during the warmest part of the day.
Even though we have found that at certain times of the year we need to do resprays for harder to kill weeds/grass we KNOW our soil life is not being destroyed.
Non-selective – means the WeedX will crush the cells of most foliage it comes into contact with so take care when spraying.
For best results spray WeedX on windless sunny days.
Goulter’s Vinegar Products Ltd can not be held responsible for customers not following the directions on the label when using their WeedX herbicide. Please ensure all the health and safety directions are followed when spraying our herbicide. Thank you.